An amendment to the Victoria Planning Provisions (VPP) was made on 11 March 2020 to support rebuilding following bushfire.
The new clause, titled Clause 52.07 Bushfire Recovery, is designed to facilitate:
- The construction of buildings burnt down
- Bushfire recovery works carried out by public authorities
- The construction and use of temporary accommodation following a bushfire
- The ability of businesses and services to continue operating following a bushfire.
Vegetation Removal Requirements
The removal, destruction or lopping of vegetation is an aspect of the amendment (C52.07-5). and must be undertaken to the minimum extent necessary to enable the:
- Removal of a building, equipment or other material that was damaged or destroyed by a bushfire
- Repair or reconstruction of a fence that was damaged or destroyed by a bushfire for a combined maximum width of four metres either side of the fence.
If you have any questions regarding this Clause, or how the change impacts your project, please contact our Bushfire Consultant team on 1300 839 325
Back to Newsroom