Andrew Read is an experienced executive manager who has operated in the consulting industry for over 25 years within the areas of property, sustainability and environmental management. He joined Ecology and Heritage Partners in 2017 as General Manager and is instrumental in steering the organisation during this period of expansion and growth.
Andrew is responsible for all aspects of the business including financial performance, operational management, people management, business strategy, development and risk. Previous to joining Ecology and Heritage Partners he worked in global environmental consultancies as a Managing Partner at ERM (Vic, SA, TAS) and Regional General Manager at Coffey International (Vic, SA, TAS) responsible for more than 150 staff.
Originally qualified as a landscape architect and urban designer, Andrew worked in private practice and local government on a wide range of local and overseas projects including residential, masterplanning/subdivision, commercial, industrial, mining, quarrying, infrastructure, golf course, resort and waterway projects.
- Extensive experience working with clients across sectors including renewable energy, utilities and pipelines, infrastructure, urban development and natural resources
- Excellent working relationships with clients and industry bodies
- Strong team building and project management skills
- Practical project experience combined with sound management capability
Andrew has a broad knowledge of the services and disciplines that contribute to successful project outcomes, and has been responsible for management of teams and businesses in the following areas:
- Environmental and social impact assessment (cultural heritage, ecology, statutory and strategic planning, air quality, acoustics, urban design and landscape architecture)
- Advisory services (health and safety, climate change and energy efficiency/adaptation, carbon management, green buildings, renewable energies, water management and environmental audit)
- Site assessment and remediation (remediation and auditing)
- Work health and safety (hazardous materials and occupational hygiene)
- Project management
- Environmental Impact Statements (specialist reporting on visual assessment and landscape mitigation for transmission lines, railway, pipelines, roads, bridges and quarries)
- Regional and Urban Development (masterplanning for cities, townships and resort developments in Australia and overseas, residential subdivisions, commercial and industrial development)
- Environmental management (coastal and rural conservation and rehabilitation, and urban parkland development)
- Australian Institute of Landscape Architects - Registered Landscape Architect
- Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association (VPELA) - Member
Back to Leadership Team