The Outer Suburban Arterial Roads Program (OSARs) is a multi-billion-dollar upgrade of major arterial roads around Melbourne. Ecology and Heritage Partners have conducted cultural heritage investigations and prepared extensive Cultural Heritage Management Plans for the Western Package under this program. Our natural heritage team also conducted targeted fauna surveys for these works.
The Western Package is valued at $1.8 billion and involves the upgrade of eight main roads in Melbourne's west as well as improving more than 160km of road between Footscray and Werribee.
Key works undertaken by our team include:
- Cultural heritage investigations and due diligence
- Comprehensive consultation with Registered Aboriginal Parties
- Preparation of 12 complex Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management Plans
- Preparation of 12 Historical Heritage Assessments
- Cultural heritage awareness inductions
- Targeted fauna surveys for Growling Grass Frog Litoria raniformis and Southern Brown Bandicoot Isoodon obesulus.
To discuss your project or for further information about cultural heritage advice and management, please contact our cultural heritage team on 1300 839 325
Back to Projects